If you have, or have considered using, Google AdWords or other pay-per-click (PPC) marketing to promote your business then there are several issues to consider:
- Where are your prospects most likely spending time? Is it on a particular search engine, an industry or regional forum, LinkedIn, or somewhere else?
- What is your total maximum amount you wish to spend per month, or are you willing to pay an unlimited amount as long as you are getting a return on your ad spend?
- What message is suited best for your audience? Will they respond to text ads, image ads (aka “banner advertising”), video ads, or something else?
- What is your offer to first-time prospects?
- What tracking elements are you including to determine if the cost per new customer acquisition is worth continuing that type of advertising?
- Do you have online landing pages?
- Which keywords and/or “match types” have been targeted, or are running demographic (and geographic) advertising?
- Many other questions need to be addressed
A typical business owner doing PPC advertising on his/her own may be overspending on the cost-per-click (CPC). Sometimes this can be as high as 40% more than it needs to be, so be sure that you speak with someone you trust to help you either:
- Get more targeted clicks for the same amount of money
- Spend less money for the same amount of targeted clicks
If you need help with this then you are welcome to contact us for help with your specific situation.