If you have an entertaining, informative, or otherwise helpful (“non-spammy”) video which you want to share on YouTube then chances are that you would love to see it at the top of the rankings. Remember that a good YouTube ranking can offer you AT LEAST the following benefits:
- More customers because you are # 1 for a good keyword(s)
- Ability for your video to be shared easily on social networks and social bookmark sites
- Chance to rank well also in Google Videos
- Occasional opportunity for a thumbnail image of your video to appear in the main Google search engine results
- Video can be “embedded” on other people’s websites and blogs, thereby reaching more prospects
- Other video sites often “scrape” videos from YouTube, so your video can appear on other sites as well
The trick to getting these benefits is four-fold once you have a completed video which is worthy of sharing with the online community:
- Do your keyword research and competition analysis. This is imperative!!! If you have a limited budget then this is where you spend your money in order to determine what people are seeking and (of equal importance) what they are NOT entering into Google regarding your business. You will be surprised at what you discover people are/are not entering!
- Use proper on-page optimization within YouTube
- Use YouTube for its intended purpose, as a social network site like Facebook. Be sure to subscribe to people’s channels, encourage subscribers, get comments on your videos, geo-tag everything when you can, use video responses, and all of the other YouTube features which make it an active “community”
- Send links and traffic to your YouTube channel and your video(s)
If you need help with any of these steps then you are welcome to contact me. Otherwise use these tips, and have fun seeing your videos start their climb to the top of the YouTube and Google Videos engines!